Awww isn't this button the cutest! Anyway, it is an honor to be nominated for this award. I had seen this cute little button on other blogs but had never thought I'd be a recipient nor did I know how blogs were selected for this honor. However, I am thankful for Chrissie finding my blog and sharing this award with me. The Liebster Award is a way for new bloggers to support and encourage each other on this journey!
1. Why and how long ago did you start blogging?
I began blogging about three months ago (February 2015)! This marked my one year as a TpT seller and I decided I had more to share about my journey as a bilingual teacher. Blogging is my way of reflecting about my teaching practices and joys.
2. What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why?
Committed! I am committed to the success of my students and to finding ways of creating life-long learners! I began this blog to reflect that commitment and passion!
3. Is there something you learned late in your blogging journey that you wished you knew before?
Well, three months of blogging has really opened up my eyes to the benefits of networking and learning from bloggers all around! I don't consider any learning late learning; however, I do WISH I had started this blog earlier in my career!
4. What is your favorite pastime other than blogging?
Reading and creating TpT products!
5. How many hours per week do you dedicate to your blog/TPT?
During the week, I try to work on my blog/TpT, but I find myself distracted by other blogs, FB posts, and my homework (work I take home from school) lol! Saturday mornings are usually my most productive days! I'd say I spend about 20 hours a week on blogging and TpT.
6. What category of blog posts do you enjoy the most?
I am usually drawn to blogs that focus on literacy and organization. I love reading posts that are sweet and to the point.
For example: "3 steps to ......" or "5 secrets to ......"
7. Where does your blog inspiration come from?
My blog inspiration comes right from my own experiences and the needs I see in my everyday teaching.
8. Which post that you've written are you most proud of?
I am most proud of my blog post about What Works: Successful Teachers Share Secrets from their Classrooms. Even though this post was a linky during teacher appreciation week, I worked really hard and shared meaningful examples from my classroom that I hope will benefit many educators.
9. Is there a post that you are planning to do but have been postponing it for a while?
Yes, there are toooooo many to list, lol! With the end of the year coming to a close, I hope to do much blogging this summer. It will be my first summer with a blog, so I will have plenty to keep me busy and going. I have a list of blog posts jotted and many plans for future products that I hope will be beneficial for educators everywhere!
10. What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
My favorite aspect of blogging is the self reflection gained from experiences. I love that blogging provides opportunities for teachers to connect with each other, share best practices, and basically stick together (support system) when needed.
11. Which idea from a blog would you like to try yourself?
I would love to try Miss DeCarbo's Weekly Lesson Plan and Planning Tricks. I absolutely love everything she creates and wish my lesson plans looked just like hers! Her binders on pinterest look a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e!
Now I would L.O.V.E. to nominate the following blogs for the Liebster Award!
1. Judy at The Busy Bilingual Teacher
2. Chandra at Powerpoint Gaming
3. Megan at Snapshots of Sixth Grade
4. Michelle at Teaching Ideas For Those Who Love Teaching
5. Antoinette at Shoelaces and Sugar Cookies
**Here are the Liebster Award rules:**
- Link back to the blog that nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions posted by the nominator
- Nominate 5-11 blogs (with less than 200 followers) and link to them in your post
- Contact the nominees and let them know they have been nominated